The Utah Healing Center’s facility CCI dog Flower IV, has invited some of her friends to meet you! On the last Monday of each month (starting August 27th), the Utah Healing Center will open its lobby to CCI Service Dogs in Training and Graduate Dogs. These service dogs will hang out with Flower for a few hours, and they would love to have you join in the fun!
Flower and Friends Service Dog Get-Togethers
Last Monday of each month (starting August 27th)
Utah Healing Center Lobby
Before you come, Flower and her friends would like you to know a few things:
- All of the CCI dogs are Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, or a mix of the two breeds. While these dogs are very friendly and calm, they are moderately large.
- The dogs can be gently pet and hugged.
- Although the service dogs in training are learning calm, therapeutic activities, these get togethers are not designed for intense play.
- Because some of the dogs are still learning how to be service animals, there might be occasional barking.
- Children are welcome to come, but they must be under the supervision of a legal guardian.
If you have never worked with a service animal in therapy, this is an excellent opportunity to learn about what it might be like!
Incorporating Animal-Assisted Therapy into treatment can:
- lift spirits and lessens depression
- decrease feelings of isolation and alienation
- encourage communication
- provide comfort
- increase socialization and sense of community
- reduce boredom
- decrease anxiety
- help children overcome speech and emotional disorders
- create motivation for the client to recover faster
- reduce loneliness
For more information about having Flower join your therapy sessions, contact the Utah Healing Center at 801-266-4643.
We hope to see you at our Flower & Friends Service Dog Get-Togethers!